Electrical Engineering and Med School

In summary, there are several job options for someone with a degree in electrical engineering and a medical degree, including specializations in radiation oncology, nuclear medicine, and radiology. Additionally, there is the option of researching and developing biomedical devices, but this may only be suitable for those with an interest in this area.
th3plan
Hi guys i have a question. I am currently finishing up a bachelors in electrical engineering. I was planning to attend medical school. What kind of jobs are in store for someone with a Engineering degree and a M.D ?

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
My guess would be medical doctor.

I'm assuming you're asking about specializations in medicine. Your technical background would make you an ideal candidate for radiation oncology, nuclear medicine, and radiology (especially if you've done any image processing).

Research in / development of biomedical devices? That's only if you have interest in doing so, however. I did have a few friends who did an undergrad in engineering (for interest / the challenge), but went to med school to be doctors.

Related to Electrical Engineering and Med School

What is Electrical Engineering and Med School?

Electrical Engineering and Med School is a combination of two fields of study: electrical engineering, which focuses on the design and development of electrical systems and devices, and medicine, which focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and injuries. This interdisciplinary approach combines the principles of engineering and medicine to develop new technologies and treatments for healthcare.

What are the benefits of studying Electrical Engineering and Med School?

Studying Electrical Engineering and Med School can lead to a wide range of career opportunities, including medical device design, biotechnology research, and healthcare technology management. It also allows for a deeper understanding of the medical field and the ability to contribute to advancements in healthcare technology.

What are the prerequisites for studying Electrical Engineering and Med School?

Typically, students interested in pursuing Electrical Engineering and Med School will need a strong background in math and science, including courses in calculus, physics, and chemistry. In addition, some programs may require specific coursework in biology or anatomy.

How do electrical engineering principles apply to the medical field?

Electrical engineering principles are essential in the medical field as they are used to design and develop medical devices and equipment such as MRI machines, pacemakers, and prosthetic limbs. Electrical signals within the body are also important in diagnosing and treating medical conditions.

What career opportunities are available for graduates with a degree in Electrical Engineering and Med School?

Graduates with a degree in Electrical Engineering and Med School may pursue careers in medical device design, biomedical engineering, healthcare technology management, or research and development in the biotechnology industry. They may also choose to further their education through medical school and become licensed physicians with a specialization in medical technology.